As part of the internship period, individual specialist and research-based experiments and tasks will be carried out and evaluated. The Institute Internship takes place in cooperation with the departments “Geotechnology” and “Construction Business and Project Management”. Each student will take part in all three subject areas of the respective institutes. The curriculum of the Institute of Energy Efficient and Sustainable Building includes:
- an introduction to programming in MATLAB
- the implementation of construction-specific physical problems (such as solving the heat conduction problem in MATLAB)
- an introduction to computer-oriented metrology
- the planning and design of an own test bench to validate the simulation results
- presenting the results to the group
The individual tasks are treated in small groups, supported by the staff.